[ExI] types of cars and ethics

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 15:43:58 UTC 2012

On Friday, July 27, 2012 4:10 PM MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>> I'd keep an eye on the sadist. He might escalate and, if
>> and when he does, there's a chance to nip this in the
>> bud.
>
> You are right - people like that need watching.
>
> This was long ago and far away. I don't know the end of
> the story.

It might that times have changed. I think, nowadays, a person caught doing any of that might be confronted directly -- if her or his colleagues are not also sadists.

> Parents need to *notice* - if they see the kid doing
> hurty stuff, act quickly. As you say "Nip it in the bud".
> Preferably when they're young.

Most def.

> That said, I was a pretty nasty kid myself. And grew up
> to be a bit of a bleeding heart. ???

It might be learning or other changes took place. It might be a numbers game. Maybe most kids who do such things turn out okay in the long run, but a few have something like, say, the so called "warrior gene" -- and those are the ones who need to be watched.

> ps. I'm glad you're still on this list - a while back I
> thought you might be falling away, funding problems.  I
> liked your website and stuff.

My participation here waxes and wanes. I don't always feel I have something to add* and sometimes, when traffic is really high, I tune out because it's hard to follow and keep up with my other projects.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards,

Dan

* I'm sure one or more here believe I never have anything to add. :)

"Stay thirsty, my friends."