[ExI] virtual travel improving all the time

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 21 23:14:11 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] virtual travel improving all the time

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM, spike wrote:
>>... One of the notions I have in mind is the increase and improvement in
virtual travel...

>...These are nice photographic panoramic views that you can move around in.
But they are not 'live'.

I see a market for both, as well as a third system, a travelling real-time
camera that goes around on an self-driven car.  These really nice panorama
helicopter views are great for a nice sparkly clear summer day, perfect
conditions, such as are seldom seen in the actual locations in realtime.

>...For 'live' you need webcams. As you know there are many webcam
directories around...

Ja, roadcams for instance.  I use them often:

http://video.dot.ca.gov/

>...But did you know that google maps has a webcams layer?  BillK

Ja.  Very cool.  Way better than the future of the past.