[ExI] Jaw-dropping CWRU Alzheimer's breakthrough?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:26:15 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 6:56 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> I perceive a massive sea-change in the medical establishment brought about
> by the informed and empowered patient.

I point to the many volumes written on the classic problems with
self-medication - even when conducted by doctors, as informed as
average patients can be today.

> Medical researchers no longer have a stranglehold on information.

Is not the empowered patient you describe, conducting medical research?
It's a new type, new set of motivations and circumstances, but it's the same
activity.