[ExI] Stepping into a Pile of Crap (Maybe)

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Thu Mar 8 22:13:11 UTC 2012

On 03/07/2012 08:31 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>  The blacks were
> far far far better off before Lyndon Johnson screwed them over with
> his advertising of government assistance to impoverished communities.

Do you have any real evidence for your assertion? If so present it;
because what you are saying is contracted by what I found with a simple
google search.  Go to the PDF document:
   http://www.censusgov/prod/2001pubs/p60-214.pdf
And look on the graph on page 4 listing Poverty Rates by Race from 1959
to 2000.  Notice that the poverty rate for Blacks Fell after Johnson
enacted his programs.  But also so did the rate for White population.
And it looks like the the poverty rate for both Whites and Blacks was
falling prior to Johnson's programs.

So it looks to me like the issue of race and poverty is very complex and
does not lend itself to simplistic arguments.  Particularly simplistic
arguments which do not agree with the data at hand. Now if you want to
challenge the data then provide some clear well thought out criticism.

But please this is the Extropian list and I really think we need to
maintain high levels of discussion and avoid hand waving BS.

Fred