[ExI] Cheap Source of Protein was Re: Pink Slime

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:52:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Nearly all bugs are edible: our stomachs know what to do.  But to make
> them palatable requires a great deal of skill, some of which is yet to be
> discovered, skills which will eventually be distributed via the internet.*
> ***

I think you're overstating the case. A lot of insects require minimal
preparation, e.g., light roasting or a little seasoning. And the skills and
knowledge are already readily available on the 'net. Google entomophagy.
And check out http://girlmeetsbug.com/ . Also, the practice is already
common in many parts of the world. It's just not common in the "first
world".

Obviously some people will have a hard time getting over their lifelong
insect-revulsion conditioning, but I don't think it's necessary to get
everyone on board.

-Dave