[ExI] mitochondrial DNA repair

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:58:43 UTC 2012

It is amusing to read this, while another thread bemoans the
lack of reproduction by liberal tribes (who would presumably
be more apt to take advantage of "playing God" techs).

Though I have to wonder if this makes human cloning more
viable.  If so, then does that perhaps ease the path for
automated child-raising technologies (more children that
did not come out of a womb, and thus could be "nobody's"
from birth)?  And in that case, does that mean a financially
successful culture can more readily convert its capital
into population, by simply building more of this capacity,
without requiring individual members to sponsor each
child?  (Not that any couple that wants to have and raise
a child in the traditional way would be prohibited; just that
there would be this alternative - presumably government
or charity funded, just like most schools are today.)