[ExI] Right to medical information

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 00:45:06 UTC 2012

2012/3/15 Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>:
> How this is possible? Right to medical information should be sacred:
>
> https://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-freedom/kansas-pregnant-women-little-lie-your-doctor-wont-hurt-you
>
> Giovanni

Damn, Giovanni, this is pretty stinking frightening!!! Gives a whole
new meaning to , "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore", in that
Kansas has now become the domain of Oz.

For those who didn't read the article, there is a law winding its way
through the Kansas legislature allowing doctors who are opposed to
abortion to "opt out" of telling women information about their coming
baby that might lead the woman to get an abortion. Said information
coming from an ultrasound or probably other procedures as well. Why
even have the procedure if you can't trust the information!?! Even
Mormon women sometimes abort babies with severe birth defects with a
wink and a nod from the religious authorities. I'm shocked, absolutely
shocked! I hope this is some kind of bizarre hoax, or that this bill
hasn't a prayer... of course it is Kansas... land of intelligent
design.

-Kelly