[ExI] Cheap Source of Protein was Re: Pink Slime

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Mar 16 01:30:00 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

>> ...Has anyone here actually eaten a bug?  I have, but it wasn’t
> voluntarily, and I didn’t get to taste it...  spike

>...I have eaten ants on a voluntary basis from time to time...The only
thing I have passed on given the opportunity is snails... for some reason,
that just makes me go EEWWW... -Kelly

Good, that's all the more for me.  {8-]

Where this whole thread goes is if we master the technology of controlling
our appetite, it will be an enormous breakthrough, a species saver.  There
are so many materials our stomachs can handle with no problem: our digestive
systems are open minded compared to our minds.  We can imagine putting
together all manner of nutritious but revolting concoctions.  One thing I
would like to try some time is to swallow a tube and attempt to introduce
some kind of processes material without experiencing its flavor.  Perhaps
add spices such that it tastes familiar when we burp.  The original intent
of spices were to cover the foul taste of meat that was a bit past its prime
or was a more revolting cut of meat.  Seems like we could put some
horrifying glop into the blender, mix it all up, add some Taco Bell hot
sauce, swallow a tube, drain it into there without tasting it.  We could
toss bugs in there, aardvark gizzards, rutabagas, our daily vitamins, all of
it, and down it all goes.

Perhaps we pretreat with hunger and beer?