[ExI] Pink Slime

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:36:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>>... On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Pink Slime
>
> 2012/3/14 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
>>>... "Colour" should be easy enough, and if we can engineer the production
>> of entire, structured body organs for, say, transplant, foie gras
>> should not be much more difficult than a human liver... :-)
>
>>...Makes you wonder if someday there won't be quite the same prohibition
> against cannibalism as there is today. Would you eat factory produced meat
> based on human DNA? Of all the human societal prohibitions, that against
> cannibalism is one of the most universal. Brave new world indeed.  -Kelly
>

> I don't see why that would be prohibited so long as no humans were slain.

I wonder if the religious right would see it the same way? :-)

> If a vampire club drinks each other's blood there is no crime committed, nor
> is there if some young mother wants to donate a placenta to be devoured by
> someone who has some notion that it is a good idea.  No law is broken there,
> as far as I know.

It seems to be legal everywhere, but I did find one reference that
said... "By law, Sara has to cook the placenta at the placenta owner’s
home." So there is apparently some legislation in some places relating
to the practice. Apparently, since it is not an "organ" of the mother
or the baby, it isn't considered cannibalism...

> The real message here is I would oppose ANY law that was
> made because we think of some notion is gross or offensive but not actually
> harmful.  Reasoning: I don't want some sensitive type deciding that cryonics
> is too gross and we should be doing it because it offends their delicate
> sensibility.  So, devouring lab grown human flesh is OK with me.

Me too, but we are credentialed libertarians Spike... I wonder how the
big government is good government crowd would respond.

-Kelly