[ExI] h+ in smithsonian

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 08:16:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Natasha Vita-More wrote:
> I think she must have gotten this from some person she interviewed and
> paraphrased it without quoting who said it.

Yes, it is probably just artistic interpretation.

This article is only a short pop introduction to transhumanism.

When a writer uses the phrase 'morally obligated' they don't usually
intend to get into a discussion of all the different systems of
morality and which applies / drives the current subject.

"...Transhumanists say we are morally obligated to help the human race
transcend its biological limits..."

You could just say 'want to' or 'would like to' or 'support' the use
of science and technology to help the human race ...........

The human race bit is needed because transhumanists can't do it on
their own. The need at present is to persuade a wider population that
this is a realistic objective that is worth pursuing and spending time
and money on researching.
It is really only taking medical research on curing disease on to the
next step of curing ageing and 'improving' the human body.

The next step after that though....................

BillK