[ExI] h+ in smithsonian

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Mar 19 15:23:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Natasha Vita-More wrote:

> I think she must have gotten this from some person she interviewed and
> paraphrased it without quoting who said it.

>..."...Transhumanists say we are morally obligated to help the human race
transcend its biological limits..."

Ja, but the author must be called on the carpet, even if gently.  If a news
person quotes someone or uses quotation marks, they need to get the quote
exactly as it was uttered or written.  This is basic journalistic ethics.
It would likely be OK to just call the journal and talk to someone in
charge, let her handle it.  From the article, this quote appears
unattributed, but it implies Natasha said it, which I am quite confident she
did not.  The writer should have left off the quotation marks.

This particular quote creeps me out because it sounds too much like some JW
saying "We are morally obligated to help the human race find Jesus."

spike

Unrelated question:  Whenever Jesus found himself in a moral or ethical
dilemma, would he ask himself, "What would I do?"