[ExI] Unrelated Question (was: Re: h+ in smithsonian)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:39:17 UTC 2012

On 19 March 2012 19:07, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "spike" <spike66 at att.net> asked:
>
> > Unrelated question:  Whenever Jesus found himself in a moral or ethical
> > dilemma, would he ask himself, "What would I do?"
>

> No, I reckon Jesus, if he existed, would have to ask himself: "What would
> Chuck Norris do?"

This, btw, is a classical example of the unnerving imprecision of modern
English.

According to old grammars, if I am not mistaken,"what would I do?" means
"what is it that I want to do?", "what would I like to do?", as it would
(should?) otherwise be "what should I do?".

For Chuck Norrris, being He a Third Person, the rule should be the reverse,
or...

--
Stefano Vaj