[ExI] Unrelated Question

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 16:22:56 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:28 AM spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Hey Stefano, you are from Italy, you should know all this.  Don’t
> you Italian guys have some kind of big religion thing over there
> somewhere, what’s it called, the Sixteen Chapel or something?  I
> Have never been there, but I hear they have several thousand dollars
> worth of paintings on the ceiling alone.

I've been there. The real experience: high ceiling-ed (duh!) dark room, crowds of people, stuffy air though cooler than the rest of Vatican City by far*, and the shouting of guards saying not to take photos as people take photos. (In the other art halls at the Vatican, where one is allowed to take photos, the guards ominously yell, "No flash!")

Regards,

Dan

* Apparently, Romans don't like to actually use air conditioning.