[ExI] Mike Treder is missing

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Mar 22 20:37:00 UTC 2012

   Thank you PJ. I received a phone call today from those looking for
him because my phone number was in his cell  phone from our talking a
couple of monts ago.

   Mike has been located, but what happened to him will not be
disclosed until his family is ready. I hope they do so soon.

   No matter the differences between Mike's ideology and other
transhumanists' views, especially extropians and singulatarians, his
well-being and peace is the hope.

   Natasha

   Quoting PJ Manney <pjmanney at gmail.com>:

> This is the latest via Marianne Waldow, Mike Treder's girlfriend: "The
> police have confirmation that Mike left Detroit and entered Canada last
> week. We don?t know why. But with no evidence that violence has been done
> to him, the investigation as to his whereabouts is being suspended
> indefinitely. The family thanks everyone for their concern. You are all so
> kind. I have to take some time off Facebook right now. I think you all
> understand."
>
> PJ
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM, John Grigg
> <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I enjoyed my online friendship with Mike, who was always very patient with
>> my questions, and I am very worried about him.  I hope this matter turns
>> out okay, but I have my fears.
>>

>> When I was in the Boy Scouts, I remember my scoutmaster telling the other
>> scouting leaders about how dangerous Detroit could be.  He had attended a
>> large engineering conference there, and his company advised all the
>> employees going to always travel outside the hotel and conference center in
>> groups of no smaller than six, and despite that, there were still
>> muggings!
>>

>> I suppose Paul Verhoeven chose Detroit to be the setting for Robocop, due
>> to it's history of decay and crime.  Ironically, I had been hearing stories
>> of a sort of Bohemian hipster renaissance in the city, but that still does
>> not make it a safe place for visitors.
>>

>> Mike seemed to have an easygoing confidence in himself that may have
>> proved his undoing.
>>

>> John  : (
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM, David Lubkin
>> <lubkin at unreasonable.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I passed the information on to one of my networks, and received this:
>>>
>>> Here's a link for Fox 2 Detroit's coverage which provides pictures of
>>>>

>>> http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/**dpp/news/local/missing-new[1]-**
>>> yorker-last-seen-in-detroit<http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/missing-new-yorker-last-seen-in-detroit[2]>
>>>
>>> For those of you on Facebook, Mike's page seems to be a Schilling
>>> Point for discussing news and concern.
>>>
>>> http://www.facebook.com/mike.**treder[3]<http://www.facebook.com/mike.treder[4]>
>>>

>>> -- David.

Links: