[ExI] Will robot cars be TOO good?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 19:52:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> To do that, we must have no pedestrians:  all foot traffic would need to be
> elevated two human-heights above the street level.  There can be no
> non-automated ape-haulers, nothing that cannot play the scary unforgiving
> game, nothing that cannot take directions and act on them via completely
> automated control.

Eventually, Spike, but politically you can't get rid of pedestrians
and ape driven vehicles all at once. You have to think of a
progression... New Yorkers particularly are used to government telling
them things like they can't have guns. Well, soon the New York
government will say you can't have a non-automated car, but it won't
happen overnight. Think about the transition period. People have to
die in greater numbers in non-automated cars for some time before the
transition can be totally completed. And even then there might be the
occasional license to drive... but I don't see why most people would
want to drive most of the time when other alternative activities await
them in mobile cyberspace.

-Kelly