[ExI] Hungry? Then place an order with,"TacoCopter!"

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 10:21:32 UTC 2012

2012/3/26 Anders Sandberg wrote:
> It might be coming true. I met one of the guys behind this at a TEDx:
>
> http://matternet.net/
>
> Their first step is medical samples and supplies, and then they hope/plan to
> scale up to a literal packet switching network across rural Africa.

The army is already doing this with full sized unmanned helicopters
resupplying troops.

<http://www.military.com/news/article/marine-corps-news/unmanned-helo-makes-first-delivery-to-marines.html>

Unmanned Helo Makes First Delivery to Marines
December 27, 2011
Marine Corps News|by Cpl. Justin M. Boling

CAMP DWYER, Afghanistan -- Unmanned systems have revolutionized combat
aviation, providing a colossal advantage in the fight against terror
with surveillance and close-air support.

Recently, a detachment of Marines from Marine Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Squadron 1 in Afghanistan added aerial resupply to the list of UAV
capabilities.

The detachment completed its first unmanned aerial system cargo
delivery in a combat zone using a helicopter in Afghanistan, Dec. 17

Another example of technology developed for war use being reused by the public?

BillK