[ExI] Hungry? Then place an order with,"TacoCopter!"

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Mar 26 10:52:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:45:47AM +0100, BillK wrote:

> I think you will find that the mini quadcopters only have a flight
> time of 10 to 15 minutes. Maybe 20 minutes with a large battery and
> less payload. So a better power source would be a good idea.

PV arrays doubling as phased arrays, tracking a rectenna on the
quadcopter end.

They've already good distributed inverters (even with inductivities
instead of finicky caps), so making up a PV array with integrated
radiator appears easy enough.

This would scale for cargo and personal transport, if the ground
density is sufficient so that you'll get smooth hand-off.