[ExI] The NSA's new data center

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Thu Mar 29 15:44:06 UTC 2012

Spike wrote:

>Last month when I was posting all that stuff about bexarotene, I started
>getting ads about how this company and that company can legally sell me
>Targretin.  It was not from any of the companies I canvassed looking for
>prices.  I am still getting these.  They are typically from Britain, and
>claim they can legally sell me medications that are controlled by
>prescription in this country.  What they don't do is give me any means of
>chemically testing to see if they are genuine.
>
>How did they know I was interested in that?

They probably use a search alert on bexarotene and then check
the matching pages for email addresses. A  google search on
"bexarotene site:extropy.org" yields your email address. Which
can then be used for spam, or combined with anything else you've
used the address for to show you display ads on web sites.

-- David.