[ExI] The silent PV revolution

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:50:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>  Ever so patiently I explain, yes we can build card
> that get 100 mpg, however... it isn't your classic Detroit V8 with special
> rare-earth magnets on the fuel line.  Yes we can do it, yes the cars are
> light, slow and dangerous, and there are noooo patents or copyrights
> preventing any of it from being done.

As you yourself have pointed out, they're only dangerous when they're
competing with 2-ton Detroits and 10-ton semis. Built out of carbon fiber
they could be as safe as F1 cars. Too bad we can't outlaw semis and use
trains for freight.

But I'm pretty sure there are *plenty* of patents that would get in the way
of a small-time operator trying to build one.  One of the major
manufacturers with patent trading deals with the other major
manufacturers--and huge legal departments and budgets--could do it, though.

-Dave