[ExI] Off Topic -- Opportunity to help out

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat May 5 09:40:51 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
 On Thu, 3 May 2012, Kelly Anderson wrote:

>> I am naive, there is no question about it. I picked up a hitchhiker
>> last week in Nevada and got robbed by him...
>
> Kelly!  Don't leave us hanging like that man.  Do offer some indication that
> you lost a few bucks and a watch, but other than that were unharmed.  I am
> trying to shake visions of you in the hospital with a gunshot wound
> somewhere.
>
> You don't need to save the world singlehandedly bud.

I'm not trying to save the world. I normally wouldn't have picked the
guy up, but we had just passed a fatal car accident, and this guy was
standing next to the road at dusk, and it seemed dangerous. So I was
moved to pick him up before he got squished.

I wasn't hurt. He just sneaked the wallet off of the top of a cooler
between the front seats. The real problem wasn't so much the money,
but that he took my ID. With the lovely works of Mr. Atta and the
zealous response of George W. Bush, you can't check into a hotel these
days without one. So we went camping until Monday morning, when I went
to the DMV in southern Utah and because I had memorized my license
number, I was able to get a new one zippy quick.

The vacation was saved by the fact that my main credit card was in my
pocket, not in the wallet, otherwise we would have indeed been
screwed. Chock one up for absent mindedness... :-)

-Kelly