[ExI] battle tanks to a five yr old

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:12:23 UTC 2012

On 8 May 2012 17:53, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nation on nation war is clearly going out of style. It's bad for
> business. The cost of WWI and WWII are so widely known, that public
> support for such conflict is very hard to come by. Asymmetric warfare, on
> the other hand, is alive and well. In fact, it is probably going to grow.

Yes. Now that I think of it, I did assist to some battle game amongst
11-years old, and it was "terrorists vs security". :-)

Not that being on one team or another was source of much concern for the
participants. :-)

> Assassination is the ultimate in asymmetric warfare.

This may well be the case, but I have the impression myself that it is not
so fashionable these days. A sucide attack, even though it may appear a
horrible waste in comparison with a sniper, Jackal-like shooting, may have
a higher propaganda and motivational value and attract less antipathy for
the attacker, who, after all, literally puts his or her life in line for
the cause.

--
Stefano Vaj