[ExI] Very Cool Kinect Application

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed May 9 03:39:28 UTC 2012

I think I've mentioned before that I'm a computer programmer, and that
I have an interest in the Kinect. I try not to impose this too much
here, but I just found this video of a real sandbox with a Kinect and
a projector doing a simulation of water running over the surfaces as
you dig around in the sand. It's a little hard to describe, but a few
seconds with the video, and you get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JXtTj0mzE

Anyway, it makes me think of the quote that a mouse, keyboard and
screen are an awful narrow straw through which to view the world. It's
gonna get fun people!

-Kelly