[ExI] Very Cool Kinect Application

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu May 10 10:34:20 UTC 2012

Love the little sandbox. I want to play. Or have a sand-based user
interface.

On 09/05/2012 05:39, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> Anyway, it makes me think of the quote that a mouse, keyboard and
> screen are an awful narrow straw through which to view the world. It's
> gonna get fun people!

Yup. I am at a biometrics workshop right now, and I think we are going
to see a lot of more interesting sensors/senses of our devices. This is
both good news and bad news to the biometrics people: more uses for
their algorithms, but also less control over whether applications are
going to be secure and privacy protecting. But conversely, the
biometrics also helps make the new sensors even more useful and hence
widespread.

Still, the ergonomics of boring desktops is well understood and we can
take steps to avoid wearout. This might be much trickier in richer
interfaces - while they might be more variable over time and tuned to
the user, it is not uncommon for people to invent ways of working that
are profoundly unergonomic.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute