[ExI] Gifted children

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 11:51:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Sondre Bjellås  wrote:
> We live in Norway and our daughter is still only 19+ months old, but we've
> already started thinking about what we can do for her in regards to
> schooling. Here in Norway, there are virtually no private alternatives other
> than religious schools. The public schools are some of the worst in the
> world and Norwegians score poorly in global tests.
>
> Which country would be a good alternative where one would be able to get a
> visa, permanent residency?

<snip>

> I'm sorry for ranting on like this, but my concern is that she will be
> extremely bored at school when she's 6 as I'm sure she will be ahead of the
> average. Or, she might not, we love her anyhow! :-) Wouldn't want to
> home-school her, she would be better off with lots of other kids around.
> What would your suggestions be as parents on your own?

Moving to a different country is not a trivial task. I'd spend more
time investigating Norway and Sweden educational possibilities. It may
only mean moving nearer a better school in Norway. You just need to
find it.

Remember - you are not alone. There must be hundreds (at least) gifted
children in Norway /Sweden.
Use the web and contacts to find out what other parents are doing, -
clubs, societies, special schools, advanced courses, etc.

Best wishes, BillK