[ExI] Conscientious objections

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 07:33:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
> <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> PS - Just to clear up any confusion, I did not vote. I am conscientious
>> objector, so don't nobody blame me for nothing, please.
>
> I blame you for not voting.  You only have the right to object if you
> voted.  Besides, a third party vote is far more effective as protest
> than a non-vote.

### Funny, this is the second time I had this statement thrown at me
in two days, first time was from a liberal who voted for Obama.

I guess the indoctrination in favor of voting is so widespread and
deep that it unites many disparate groups.

I am human. My desires don't come into existence through the act of
voting, therefore failure to vote does not remove me from the moral
calculus ("right to object").

For a few years I tended to think that third party voting is the most
appropriate behavior for those who reject the evil inherent in the
mainstream.

I changed my mind. Voting legitimizes the state. I will have no
voluntary involvement in that.

Good people should organize for non-violent resistance through
voluntary trade, commercial security provision, refusal of
participation, civil disobedience, teaching, agitation and propaganda.
I would vote if, miraculously, there was a general election with a
party promising to end the state, dissolve or privatize all federal
agencies, and if they had a chance of winning the election.

Not going to happen.

Rafal