[ExI] Vegetative patient free of pain

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:45:02 UTC 2012

On 25 November 2012 23:58, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not libertarianism's job to tell you what to do. If you're
> looking for moral guidance, look elsewhere.

This is why it risks to be silent on crucial things. We may be free to
adopt different value systems, but are bound to adopt one or another.
Same as "being democratic" in the sense of thinking that legislators
and governments are best elected one way or another. It does not tell
you much on which party or candidate to vote for, except that you have
to "choose" them.

> You don't have to approve, condone, or encourage other people's
> choices, you just have to let them do what they think is right as long
> they aren't preventing anyone else from exercising the same rights.

Social and cultural norms do exist, though, and if you do not try and
influence them it simply means that you accept and passively support
those in place.

--
Stefano Vaj