[ExI] Bad news for US customers of Intrade

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 07:17:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> you demand that bureaucrats
> have to control individual securities trades rather than letting
> market participants make their own decisions. In your world people
> have to act through gatekeepers of power (elected officials, unelected
> bureaucrats) rather than through individual acts of trade.

I request an apology.

You have been claiming that my support for any degree
of law and regulation, means that I support total law and
no individual choice.  For instance, see the above-quoted
section.

As you state it, either I can "let market participants make
their own decision" or I can "demand that bureaucrats
have to control individual securities trades".  What I
support is not 100% either one, but in between.

Further, my support for some degree of law is based in
part on the knowledge that uncontrolled anarchy becomes
despotism - which rather massively takes away individual
choice.  That is to say, 100% individual control does not
(yet) work in reality, so the practical choice is between a
little control or a lot of control.

Future technological solutions may be able to reduce the
practical minimum amount of control.  This will be a good
thing.  Until then, we live in the world we live in.

Therefore, to claim that I support total government control
and the complete removal of individual choice, just
because I support any degree of control (which I support
in order to *protect* individual choice), is an insult.

(This is, BTW, similar to the scam those in control of the
GOP are pulling on its rank and file members.  Are you
now, or have you ever been, a member of the Republican
Party? :P )

> ### In all encounters with me so far you have taken the side of more
> government control of our lives, compared to what we have now (there
> is a duty to vote, there is no right to trade securities etc.).

This "encounter" was of your asking whether I support
Dodd-Frank.  That exists now.  Nothing in my direct
response stated a desire for far more of Dodd-Frank,
but merely support for what exists (and only the
majority of it) in this topic.

This is but one example where I have not, in fact,
taken the side of more government control than what
we have now.

I wonder whether you are deliberately lying, or simply
rejecting all evidence that contrasts with your
assertions.  Either way, you are wrong.