[ExI] Religions are not the ultimate cause of war

Charlie Stross charlie.stross at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:05:20 UTC 2012

On 1 Oct 2012, at 19:44, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:

> Spike, I have already covered this subject earlier this year. Or maybe
> previous year.
>
> The atheistic credo comes in few different forms, but they all converge to
> something like this:
>
> "There is No (Not), a Supreme Entity"
>
> or
>
> "There is No, God"
>
> or
>
> "There is Not, a God"

Disagree.

You seem to have missed "the human concept of  "god" is a cognitive processing error -- we observe random events and are prone to ascribe them to purposeful behaviour, and our theory of mine then back-projects a conscious intelligence behind it".

In other words, *not* "there is no God" but "the concept of God is a cognitive malfunction".

-- Charlie