[ExI] Religions are not the ultimate cause of war

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:52:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Anders Sandberg wrote:
> I wonder how many animal species are religious? Obviously having the ability
> to conceptualise abstract things helps a lot, since otherwise their gods
> have to be super-concrete things. But I wouldn't be surprised if the
> rudiments of religion are found in really odd places.

There have been many reports of some birds and animals apparently
mourning their dead. Gathering around the body, calling out to each
other, etc.

But it is still undecided how much observers are projecting human
behaviour on the animals.
They may just be reacting to an unknown danger, or a mother trying to
revive her calf.

BillK