[ExI] Religions are not the ultimate cause of war

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Oct 2 21:22:40 UTC 2012

Il 01/10/2012 22:58, Charlie Stross ha scritto:

> Yeah. I suspect many first-gen artificial species will be
> conditioned/engineered to view their creators as gods. Could be a bit
> of a shock when they realize that they aren't ...

This reference is obligatory:

Weyun - Damar exchange about superstition (Star Trek Deep Space 9: The
First Battle of Chin'Toka):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQKzZU0YViE&feature=player_detailpage#t=143s

If they are engineered to believe their creator(s) is God, they will
believe it anyway. It is a delusion, it is above rational arguments,
proof or whatever.

Mirco