[ExI] riots again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:00:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> Let us split it into its components:
> - Is US policy in the M-E "noble"?
> - Is US policy in the M-E good in some moral terms or other?
> - Is US policy in the M-E good for the interest of the US government and/or
> regime?
> - Is US policy in the M-E good for the interest of the US?
>
> I am inclined to answer "no" to *all* of those questions, but I do not think
> one's answer must necessarily be one and the same to all of them.

That is what I was trying to work on in my previous comments.
*Why* is the US invading the Middle East?

My conclusion was that the US wants to secure oil resources for the
next 20 years and subdue associated elements that might interfere with
that goal.

The US government must have reasons which seem good to them, to
justify the expense in dollars and human life.

As an aside, although the US war machine is in full flow, I would say
that the nation has definitely not got the 'war-mode' switch set on.
Most of the population are uninterested and have plenty of their own
daily problems to worry about. It is the government that has decided
to use the army to enforce policy.

BillK