[ExI] riots again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:19:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let us split it into its components:
> - Is US policy in the M-E "noble"?
> - Is US policy in the M-E good in some moral terms or other?
> - Is US policy in the M-E good for the interest of the US government
> and/or regime?
> - Is US policy in the M-E good for the interest of the US?
> I am inclined to answer "no" to *all* of those questions, but I do not
> think one's answer must necessarily be one and the same to all of them.

The Middle East is a big place and there can't just be one policy for all
of it. The USA policy in Afghanistan was noble and the 2001 invasion
necessary, although with each passing year the reasons for staying there
become weaker, particularly now that Bin Laden is dead.  The USA policy in
Iraq is neither noble nor ignoble it is idiotic, mythical weapons of mass
destruction level idiotic, thank you so much George Fucking Bush.

  John K Clark