[ExI] riots again

Omar Rahman rahmans at me.com
Fri Oct 5 09:26:33 UTC 2012

> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Omar Rahman <rahmans at me.com> wrote:
>
>> Astounding! How exactly is US policy in Afghanistan noble? Propping up
>> the corrupt 'mayor of Kabul' is noble?
>>

> Yes. The government in Afghanistan has been brutal and corrupt since....
> since forever, nobody thought that was going to change anytime soon, but in
> the immediate aftermath of 911 many, including me, thought that replacing a
> brutal and corrupt administration that was openly protecting Osama bin
> Laden with a brutal and corrupt administration that was not was a noble
> thing to do.

(Read in the voice of Yoda please.)

Myopically short term pragmatism a new definition of noble is?

> And it is just untenable to expect the USA to allow Osama bin
> Laden and the Taliban to thumb his nose at them indefinitely.
>
>> Perhaps the nobility is in the enabling of the drug trade?
>>

> As a libertarian and a Extropian I have nothing against the drug trade.

(Again Yoda.)

A libertarian you are? Trade in free will impairing chemicals, have nothing against you do?

Personal freedom and and property rights you believe in, a contradiction not see you?

>> In the end it was intelligence gathering that got to Bin Laden.
>>

> Yes and that intelligence was gathered by interrogating Al-Qaeda members
> captured in military actions;

(You get the idea.)

Only in military operations intelligence gathered was? Of oxymoron never heard have you?

> and in the actual raid that killed Bin Laden
> more intelligence was obtained about Al-Qaeda than in the last 10 years, so
> much stuff the helicopters nearly weren't able  to fly it all out.

(It's a theme....)

Rely on the power of the force must they have?

>> as a clandestine terrorist organisation, it is almost impossible to
>> defeat by direct military action.
>>

> So tell it to all the people that
> right after 911 said we could expect a attack of similar scale in a matter
> of weeks if not days; its been over 11 years and still nothing.

(...that I shall continue...)

Fear mongers they were? To the dark side they took us?

>> Unless we can find some means of growing our resource base faster than
>> both the growth of population and our growing basic 'needs' how can we
>> avoid Malthusian collapse and/or war?
>>

> A keen grasp of the obvious. And by the way, I counted 10 rhetorical
> questions in your short post, and that's just too many.
>
>  John K Clark

(...to the end.)

Call me Captain you shall? Count higher able are you?

Omar Rahman am I.