[ExI] thanks to all for no riots until monday, was: RE: no more riots again please, was RE: riots again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Oct 7 14:53:50 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of BillK

>...Dilbert has a good comment today on the riots thread.
<http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2012-10-07/>BillK

Scott Adams is God.  He has the most consistently hilarious comic strip in
all of the history of mankind.  Surely he must have worked at Lockheeed at
some point.

About 15 yrs ago he had a book signing in Sunnyvale, not far from the office
so I decided to go over, but the place was moooobbed with geeks, just huge
crowds of geeks all over the place, in the middle of the afternoon on a work
day.  I never did get a book, they ran out, even though they brought in
truckloads, but I wouldn't have stayed around anyway, for I estimated the
number of people in line and the minimum time to sign each book (he didn't
have them signed ahead of time) and the best estimate was several hours.
The funniest part was how Adams was treated.  I thought the geeks were going
to get down on their knees, or tear his pants off and kiss his butt right
there in front of the cheering crowd.