[ExI] decay rate correlated with the sun?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Sep 2 16:14:55 UTC 2012

>. On Behalf Of John Clark

This is not supposed to happen.

http://wavewatching.net/2012/09/01/from-the-annals-of-the-impossible-experim
ental-physics-edition/

>.  I hope my skepticism will turn out to be undeserved

In physics, skepticism is always deserved, even if later shown to be wrong.

>. Physics needs a good surprise.    John K Clark

Oh my yes, physics is in desperate need of a good surprise.  But not this.
This wouldn't be a good surprise.  If the sun impacts decay rates, then it
could only be neutrinos doing it.  But the sun's neutrino flux doesn't vary
on a regular basis.  Only the distance from the earth to the sun changes
annually, which would affect the neutrino flux by about 7%.