[ExI] Fermi Paradox and Transcension

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:26:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM,  "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

> Actually I think I may have gone off on a tangent Keith did not intend.  He
> said subjective delay, which makes me think he was talking about something
> else, but I missed the original post somehow.

Spike and I discussed this a bit a lunch today.  Being implemented in
an MBrain is probably a way to see the end of the life of the sun in a
few subjective centuries.  We talked about seeing the sunspot cycle
(subjectively) as a rapid buzz.

Anders may be right that there is something you can do with a whole
society of minds reaching some momentous conclusion after gathering
the results of exceedingly large numbers of sub scale nodes.

I am not convinced.

In any case, making the nodes smaller and faster to the limits of
thermal design and keeping the communication links between nodes short
are design configuration elements that are in conflict.

Of course, finding a way around these may give the answer where everyone went.

Keith