[ExI] riots again

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:41:41 UTC 2012

On 24 September 2012 01:58, Joshua Job <nanite1018 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Only the grossest moral relativism could put the horrific civil rights abuses
> perpetrated in the Muslim world with high levels of public support by
> Muslims living there with the actions of Western states in those countries.
> The West is a superior culture, more supportive of human flourishing, than
> the cultures of Muslim countries.

I am an avowed moral relativist (I do not know about "gross"), and as
such that I strongly oppose the islamisation of the society I live in,
starting with the massive slave trade from defeated muslim countries,
exactly because I have no reason to consider muslim "truth" and
"values" as superior to mine.

But the rhetoric of "superior cultures" and of the "burden of the
white man" is exactly the worst that Islam has derived from western
legacy, from the crusades and the colonisation on, and I really think
the time has come to drop it altogether.

Moreover, as a transhumanist, I am confident in change, diversity and
self-determination.

I am not deluded about the fact that conflicts of interests and
Darwinian competition amongst different woldviews will ever cease, but
eschatological ideas about an alleged moral duty of killing people to
save them from themselves is a very slippery slope where we can easily
find ourselves at the wrong end of the gun.

--
Stefano Vaj