[ExI] riots again

Charlie Stross charlie.stross at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:06:25 UTC 2012

On 24 Sep 2012, at 20:02, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> (Actually, this is an excellent solution:  Don't waste your time on
> the bullsh*t going on in the world.  Concentrate exclusively on those
> matters that affect you personally.  Use your time and energy to build
> your own peaceful and prosperous little world close at hand.)

Ahem: I'd add the rider, "without shitting in anyone else's soup."

Remember the golden rule? "Do not do unto others that which would be repugnant if done by them unto you."

If we could all play by that rule, the world would be ... well, not perfect; there are some problems we face that can only be solved -- within the existing constraints -- if we accept some personal limits:  but it wouldn't be as bad a place as it could be otherwise.

-- Charlie