[ExI] riots again

Joshua Job nanite1018 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:31:23 UTC 2012

Charlie,  I realize history matters to other people,  but it doesn't change
the policies we need to enact.  We still need to stop intervening,
recognize invasions are not effective means to combat terrorism, and we
need to not overreact to attacks like we did after 9/11.

When I said it is a threat,  I meant in the same sense as I view communism
as a threat--an ideological foe,  that may or may not require the
occasional use of force to combat.  In the modern world,  terrorists have
little to no power or importance beyond what we give them through our
irrational fears.  Even if there were a 9/11 every year,  they'd have
increased the murder rate by less than 10 percent.  However,  the spread of
anti-liberal values must be fought--with words.

I don't think it'll take a century to heal.  They'll stop caring once we've
cured most diseases and have advanced automation and nanotechnology so we
can provide everyone an upper class American Life guaranteed using only a
tiny portion of world GDP. At that point, most current problems will simply
disappear.
--Joshua Job.