[ExI] riots again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:03:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012  Omar Rahman <rahmans at me.com> wrote:

> Why should someone be embarrassed by someone else's actions?

If someone else has, or at least seems to have, the exact same ideas and
philosophy of life as me and if that someone else does things that are
widely reported and are as stupid as they are evil then I would speak up
very loudly and point out as clearly as I could that our ideas and
philosophy are not really the same after all. Unfortunately I see virtually
none of that in the Islamic world.

> > Presumption of innocence is a core value that most societies share.

And I presume that people are intelligent and civilized until they prove
themselves to be otherwise. Devout Muslims have proved themselves to be
otherwise.

> > We are treating them as less than us.

I would not go on a mindless murder spree if I saw a cartoon or a YouTube
video that I didn't like, and somebody who does is less than me.

> John, do you mean anti-Muslim as against the person who holds the belief,
> or against the belief itself.

Both.

> The difference is that people have rights and belief systems don't.

Yes, and people have the right to believe anything they want, and I have
the right to call them morons for doing so and not expect to get torn apart
by a mindless mob for doing so.

> You confuse the two in your sentence.

I'm not a bit confused by this, except perhaps at how a ridiculous belief
system can make grown adults behave like retarded children, children that
like to kill.

> And, once you become 'anti' to a group of people for a behavior of some
> or possibly none of them have

None of them have? NONE OF THEM HAVE??!!

> it actually does make you some type of fascist.

If so then being a anti Nazi makes you some type of fascist; and I make
absolutely no apology in comparing Nazi ideology with Islamic ideology.

Omar, condemning a religion does not make you a fascist, it just makes you
sane.

  John K Clark