[ExI] wikileaks again, was: RE: Afterlife? - my very first post to the Extropians list, 1999

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 28 16:28:40 UTC 2012

>... Today I found by chance an important bit of personal history: my very
first post to the Extropians list, on December 6, 1999... Giulio Prisco

My early posts were in that time frame too Giulio, or a year or two earlier.
Those archives are painful to read: the general internet atmosphere was much
harsher and edgier then.  Manners and social graces from the real world
hadn't yet figured out how to spill over into the digital world for the most
part.  We now have a kinder and gentler internet.

When I checked those archives from fourth quarter 99, I ran across three
posts by Julian Assange.  I vaguely remembered he occasionally posted on
ExI, but wasn't sure what he was about.  I recall he seemed to have had an
extreme view on privacy, one that I found compelling at the time, but now I
might have a more moderate view.

Now he has made the news again, by being named an enemy of the state by the
US DoD:

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/us-calls-assange-enemy-of-state
-20120927-26m7s.html#ixzz27cjH9qSk