[ExI] Bitcoin

spike spike at rainier66.com
Fri Apr 5 18:58:07 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato

>...The point is "Why implement and accept any alternative digital currency
over Bitcoin?"
>...I could see the advantage to have two or three digital currencies with
different features, just for the sake to have not all the eggs in the same
place.  Mirco

Ja.  Recall the ideas futures markets.  There were several of them, but my
favorite was InTrade.  This one shut down recently, apparently as a result
of wrongdoing somewhere within the system.  In a vaguely analogous manner,
we face risk of insider theft in any digital currency.