[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 07:07:08 UTC 2013

Eugen,

>Ok, how I measure intentionality? I need to make sure
>I succeeded, after all.
>Do animals have intentionality? Primates, rodents, fruit
>flies, nematodes, bacteria, viruses?

You certainly know you have intentionality. You know it as surely as you can see these words. You're justified in thinking that other beings like you also have it. As we go down the food chain, things are not so clear. I happen to think that most mammals have it, but probably not some less complex organisms. But that is irrelevant.

>> If by computational neuroscientists you mean cognitive scientists, I believe they are following a false model. The computational model of mind is, I think, wrong.

> No, I definitely do not mind mere cognitive scientists, I mean computational
> neuroscientists.

Before I answer your next question below, please explain to me how you differentiate cognitive scientists from computational neuroscientists. As I understand it, cognitive science is based in the computational model of mind. Paul and Patrick Churchland come to mind as adherents, along with Daniel Dennett. Wouldn't it be nice if the brain/mind were like a computer? So they think.
.

>Why do you think the model is false? How do you know it's wrong,
>if the output is behaviour matching control?

-Gordon