[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Wed Apr 24 20:50:29 UTC 2013

Hi Kelly,

Communication is a two way street.  So if I'm failing at communication, it
is a problem with me, also.  So thanks for trying, and not yet giving up!

Let's back up a bit, and be sure we are clear on some of the fundamentals.
For example, do you agree that 'red' is an ambiguous term.  It includes
both the initial cause of the perception of 'red', like when the strawberry
reflects something like 650 NM light.  And it also includes a phenomenal
quality, which is a quality of our knowledge of such.  In other words,
redness is a quality of the final result of the perception process.  So,
when we talk about 'red', you must distinguish between them, and know which
one of these you are talking about!?  Also, all the intermediate
representations really have nothing to do with 'red' other than some
intermediate physical media is being interpreted in an abstract way, as
being red.  Without the correct hardware interpretation layer, there is no
'red' anywhere in the light or the eye, other than the abstracted
information it all is being interpreted as.

Brent Allsop