[ExI] Bitcoin

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 14:39:35 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Gordon <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've heard another theory that the attackers are trying to push prices
> down in order to buy low and sell high after they stop the attacks, but I'm
> not sure that makes sense, either. Why would someone who is fundamentally
> bullish on bitcoins try to hurt the credibility of the market?

Short term greed, just like has been seen in larger, more mainstream
financial
markets.  Just because you believe in the long term value of something does
not mean it won't be to your benefit if the price drops today; indeed, that
can
very much be to your benefit.  (It helps with the morality if you tell
yourself that
you'll only do it just this once, and you ignore or don't think of anyone
else
who'd want to do it - again, as seen in larger, more mainstream financial
markets.  Assuming the attacker is a moral person to begin with.)