[ExI] Bitcoin

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 21:09:11 UTC 2013

I notice that the Clark Moody chart below offers a great deal of information about the depth of the market, far more depth information than most investors have when dealing in other financial instruments. One can use the controls to set it up to 1,000 levels deep. Has anyone here tried to use this information for trading purposes?

I have it set currently to show depth to 50 levels. The sum of the bids is 727 coins. The sum of the asks is 408 coins. This means there is  more interest in buying slightly below the current market than there is in selling slightly above the current market. 408 coins are for sale while people are looking to buy 727 of them, potentially bullish for the very short term.

With the ability to watch the depth up to 1,000 levels deep, this measure might be useful as a medium term market indicator.

http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/

Gordon