[ExI] Bitcoin

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Apr 30 23:02:04 UTC 2013

Il 30/04/2013 23:09, Gordon ha scritto:
> I notice that the Clark Moody chart below offers a great deal of
> information about the depth of the market, far more depth information
> than most investors have when dealing in other financial instruments.
> One can use the controls to set it up to 1,000 levels deep. Has anyone
> here tried to use this information for trading purposes?
>
> I have it set currently to show depth to 50 levels. The sum of the bids
> is 727 coins. The sum of the asks is 408 coins. This means there is
>  more interest in buying slightly below the current market than there is
> in selling slightly above the current market. 408 coins are for sale
> while people are looking to buy 727 of them, potentially bullish for the
> very short term.
>
> With the ability to watch the depth up to 1,000 levels deep, this
> measure might be useful as a medium term market indicator.
>
> http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/

if you group "by price" the list you can have a more concise view of the
market.

For example:
if you group by 5$ you can see now that to push the exchange rate to 5$,
there would be the need of 430K BTC all together.
And there are bids for 849 M BTC before zero. Given there are at most 11
M in existence now and 80% is locked is account never used.

Mirco