[ExI] "Crypto Coin Law" vs "Law of the Crypto Coin"?

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 8 19:38:12 UTC 2013

Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

> Still, I think you must admit, that there is a theoretical possobility, that the same bitcoin growth we've seen to date, could continue for the foreseeable future

I certainly hope so! I have money riding on it!

But I would not attribute a continuation of that growth to any "law". It is merely a trend. Many things could disrupt that trend. We still don't know if Bitcoin will become widely accepted as a currency, for example. If sentiment turns against that idea, the price trend will break down and bitcoin will likely fail. Bitcoin is perhaps one the most speculative investments on the planet.

If you look at the sales of hula hoops in the 60s, you will probably see something like exponential growth. Was there a "Moore's Law of Hula Hoops" in place? If so, what happened to it? Hardly anyone buys hula hoops anymore, so I guess that "law" was only imaginary. I'm afraid the same is true of your supposed Law of Bitcoin. It's wishful thinking, Brent.

Gordon

Sorry my last two posts appeared twice. It seems Brent has ExI listed twice on his to: line. I removed one entry this time.