[ExI] lavabit.com takedown

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Thu Aug 8 22:22:57 UTC 2013

Michael DeVault wrote:

>Also, what about Levison's recommendation that individuals avoid
>trusting personal data to any company with a physical tie to America?

That's one of the gotchas I mentioned in my posting about the business
I'm thinking of kicking off. Its success depends on my customers
trusting me with what might be confidential data. Which I'd thought
about in terms of technologies, policies, and trustworthy staff. Now
I have to think about what to do if their data is demanded. I don't mind
complying so much as potentially having to conceal that compliance
from my users.

-- David.