[ExI] "Crypto Coin Law" vs "Law of the Crypto Coin"?

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Aug 9 02:47:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-09 04:35, Brent Allsop wrote:

> We are obviously spending LOTS of time and effort on this
> conversation.Do you find it worth while?It feels to me like at best
> this infinite yes / no /' yes / no, forever conversation is just a
> complete bleating noise waste of time.

I just listened to a talk about argumentation games, and it seems
relevant. It even included an infinite linear argument game where
argument 1 disputes argument 0, argument 2 dispites 1, and so on. This
game is never ending and indeterminate: there is no winner nor any
conclusion. However, if we want to end the discussion (or rather, make
it more productive), what about this:

"What is the simplest piece of evidence that, if you got it, would
change your mind about your current position?"

If there isn't any, then you are likely crazy or lack imagination. If
there is one, maybe it is worth checking if it exists.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute